Recommended prerequisites before adding or inviting too many users:
- Invite Users by Email Address
- Add a Person Manually (and invite them if you want)
- Link your website to Flight Schedule Pro (highly recommended to save you time)
- Approve People who Signup
- Invite a previously, manually added person to sign in
- Import users
- Working With People Groups
Invite Users by Email Address
Use the "Invite" button to quickly send someone an invitation by email. We'll send them a special link to your company's signup page on Flight Schedule Pro. They'll be asked to create a username and password and fill out basic contact information. We notify you when anyone registers so you can review their information and decide if you want to give them access.
To send an invite, go to People on the left-hand menu and click "Invite" (see below)
Add a Person Manually
This form is useful if you want to fill out details about a person prior to them getting access, or, if you want to add a person who won't get access to Flight Schedule Pro.
To add a person manually:
- Select People from the left-hand menu.
- Select Create New. Select New Person.
- Enter the person's name, email and phone details and indicate whether the phone can be used for text messages.
- To connect the person to a QuickBooks account, begin typing the name of the QuickBooks account.
- If you want to invite this person to log in when you add them, turn the Send Email Invite toggle to Yes.
- Make sure to assign the person to the correct Role to determine the FlightSchedule Pro permissions.
- Indicate whether the person is an Instructor.
- Select the Location from the drop down list where this user will be active. You can select more than one location; however you can also choose a Default Location from the drop down list.
- Select a Group from the drop down list to add the new user to an existing group.
- Select More Details + if you'd also like to enter the person's Company Name, select the Date of Birth, select the person's Gender and select the person's Country.
- Click Save to confirm.
Link your Website to Flight Schedule Pro
Linking your website, blog, or social media to Flight Schedule Pro makes it easier for existing users to sign in, and for new users to register. Allowing users to register on their own means you don't have to add users manually, and, you'll collect the latest user details as people register.
Once you copy your special login and signup page links, feel free to tweet them, email them, or post them to your website. If you have your Signup Page turned on, you'll be notified by email when people signup so you can approve or deny their access.
Get your Login & Signup page URLs:
- Go to "Settings" at the top-right of your screen
- Select "Company"
- Select "Login & Signup Pages"
You'll see your Login and Signup URLs here. Simply copy the link you want to share. Optionally, you can enable or disable your Signup Page (see image below)
Copy the link(s) to share with your users.
Click "Save" to confirm.
Approve People who Signup
When you send email invites or link to your Signup page, you'll receive email notifications when new users register. If you have any users waiting to be approved, you'll also see an alert on your Dashboard. Just click the alert, or navigate to your "Awaiting Approval" page to approve or deny requests for access.
To approve a registration request:
- From the left-hand menu, select People.
- Go to "Awaiting Approval"
- Select the user(s) you want to approve or deny
- Click on "Approve" or "Deny" button at the top of the page
Approved users can log in immediately. When you approve or deny a person, they'll receive an email letting them know the status of their registration.
Invite a previously, manually added person to sign in
If a person you added manually never registered or never signed in to Flight Schedule Pro, you can invite them via email to sign in at any point.
To invite a user who has never signed in:
- Go to "People" on the left-hand menu
- Click "View" for the person you want to invite
- Go to "Account Settings" > "Online Access"
- Click the "Send this person an invite" link (see below)
- You'll be asked to enter an email address when you click this link. Verify the spelling of the email address as you enter it and make sure the user has access to check email at the address provided.
- A special link will be emailed to the provided email address when you click "Send" (see below). The person will need to click this link and register in order to gain access. Allow a few minutes for the email to arrive. If the person still hasn't received an email after a few minutes, have them check their spam folder.
You'll be asked to enter an email address (make sure it's entered correctly):
If the "Send this person an invite" link is not visible and you see a username instead - this person has already logged in to Flight Schedule Pro. If they are having troubles getting logged in they should try to reset their password from the login page by clicking "Forgot Password". Just have them enter the email address listed here as their username.
To import users, you'll need to create an import file with the same format as the sample file below:
Click here to download the sample import file (Excel)
The document linked above has 2 tabs. One tab is the actual template to be utilized for the people that you want to import or update. The other tab contains the validation guidelines for the various fields in the template.
Once you have your file ready, please put in a support request to have the file imported for you. If they register, we'll simply link the registration to the existing user and update the user with any new contact information.
Please note the following:
- All columns you see in the template must be included in your import file and must be in the proper order. For the non-required fields, you need the column present and in order, however you do not need to import values for non-required fields.
- All Required fields must have import values for each user, or the user will not be created. Fields required to create people can be found in the 'Required to Create People' column of the import document linked to above.
- Some fields allow you to populate fields that must be set up in settings before hand (Role, Location, Default Location, Add to Group). For these items, the objects must be set up in Flight Schedule Pro already and the values submitted in the import template must match the existing object exactly.
If you want to import addresses with your users, you'll need to match the format of your addresses to our address tables format. To see the proper formats, here is an Excel sheet you can download (please note there are multiple sheets on this file). Address Formats
Please note the following:
Country column must use country codes found in the Address Formats excel sheet above. If the country code does not match, NONE of the address will be imported
The states, provinces, and counties must match values in the excel sheet above. If they do not match perfectly, this information will not be imported.