Adding locations is optional. If you plan to set up locations it's recommended that you do so prior to adding aircraft or users.
Once you've added more than one location:
- You can assign each aircraft to a location
- Each Instructor can be listed as available to be scheduled at one or more locations
- Each user can be granted access to one or more locations
Should I set up locations?
You might consider having multiple locations within one Flight Schedule Pro company if:
- You're expecting a lot of users and majority of users will need access to resources at both "Location A" and "Location B"
- You'd prefer to maintain a shared database and unified reporting for both locations
- You want to maintain a single profile for members, customers, clients (reservations, documentation, memberships, aircraft checkouts, etc.)
Instead of adding multiple locations within a single company on Flight Schedule Pro, you might consider creating a new Flight Schedule Pro company for each "location" if:
- You are trying to manage separate operational business units
- You'd prefer or are ok with maintaining separate data and reports for these units
Note: Flight Schedule Pro supports single sign-on. Switching from one company to another is as easy as clicking your name at the top right > My Companies.
Add a Location
To add a location, go to Settings > Company > Locations
Click Add to create a new location.
Important steps after adding location(s):
- We'll automatically grant you access to new locations you create. However, you may want to verify which location(s) you have access to (see below).
- Edit each aircraft and assign it to a location (Aircraft > Select an Aircraft > Edit Aircraft)
- Edit each Instructor and set which location's they are available to be scheduled at (Instructors > Select Instructor > Edit Instructor)
- Give users access to locations (see below)
Verify which location(s) you have access to
1. Go to Home > My Profile > Account Settings
2. Select Online Access from the drop-down menu (see image below)
3. If you want to add a location, click on the Location box to add locations.
Default Location: Optionally select a default location so while you're scheduling the system will auto-select this location.
Give users access to locations
By default, user's won't have access to resources at any new locations you create. You'll need to grant them access.
How do I give users access to locations?
- You can do so when you are adding or approving users (See article "Add, Invite, and Approve users")
- You can give an existing user access to location(s) by editing their Online Access (see below)
Add or remove an existing user's access to location(s):
- Go to People on the left-hand menu
- Click "View" for the user you want to edit
- Go to "Account Settings" from the user's profile
- Select Online Access
- Click on the Location box to add or remove locations
Default location: Optionally set a default locations for this user so when they are scheduling the system will auto-select this location.