Setting up Progress Profiles allows you to set expectations for your students, track their progress against those expectations, and normalize that progress data across students, instructors and courses. You'll need to set one or more profiles for each course to track the training progress expectations for different types of students.
On the Course Setup window, select Progress Profiles to open the Progress Profiles window.
You can add a new profile or edit an existing profile.
Adding or Editing a New Progress Profile
A new profile allows you to set the lesson completion expectations and apply them to certain types of enrollments for tracking student progress.
To add or edit a new progress profile:
- Select New profile to open the Create Progress Profile screen. Or select Edit next to the Progress Profile you want to update.
- Enter the name you want to use for this profile in the Profile Name field.
- You can apply this progress profile to specific people or by groups. You can start typing the name of the student or group or select the drop down arrow to choose the enrollments for this Progress Profile. Check the box(es) next to the existing people or groups to include for this Progress Profile and select Apply.
- For Completed Lessons per 7 Available Training Days, enter the number of lessons a student using this progress profile should complete every 7 available training days. For example, for an expectation of completing a course with 20 lessons in 10 weeks, a student would need to complete 2 full lessons every week to progress through the course on track. An available training day is one in which the school is open (or training even if closed). Days when the school is closed are not counted as available training days.
- Indicate whether to include Non-controllable Cancel as Available Training Day. If this option is turned ON, the schedule for course completion remains unchanged, even when reservations are canceled for non-controllable reasons. If those days are NOT included as available training days, the course completion schedule expands to include make up days.
- The Lesson Completion Status Ranges slider bar opens, based on your set Lesson Completion Expectations. The percentages are a student's variance from the expectations set in this Progress Profile, based on the number of lessons in the course and the number of days you selected for Lesson Completion Expectations. You can adjust the number of lessons ahead or behind (and the variance percentage) by dragging the sliders to the right or left.
- The Course Minimum Expectations area allows you to fine-tune the expectations. You can choose 1-3 course minimums that are important guides for success in this course. The selected items will be used as guidelines for the student's progress status, based on the student meeting the expectations for the selected course minimums. You can start typing the name of the course minimum or select the drop down arrow to choose the course minimums. Check the box(es) next to the metrics to include for this Progress Profile and select Apply.
- The Course Minimum Definitions open with fields for each of the Course Minimum Expectation item(s) you selected in the previous step. The fields are pre-populated with your defined lesson minimums from the lesson settings if they exist; otherwise, they are pre-populated with numbers that equally divide the course lessons into the number of training days, based on the set expectation for this profile. You can enter a new number for any lesson or course minimum to re-balance the expectations, such as for lessons that are typically longer or shorter than average.
- The Course Minimum Status Ranges slider bar opens based on your set Course Minimum Expectations. The percentages are a student's variance from the expectations set in this Progress Profile, based on the number of lessons in the course and the number of days you selected for Lesson Completion Expectations. You can adjust the amounts (and the variance percentage) by dragging the sliders to the right or left.
- Select Save to create or save changes to your Progress Profile.