About Activity Types
(Back to Top)
Activity types provide a way for you to:
- Categorize reservations
- Track training and/or billing status
- Identify and correct training and/or billing mismatches
- Define scheduling and dispatching rules
Prerequisite: If you're planning to enforce documentation during booking or dispatch, make sure you set up User Documents prior to configuring your Activity Types. See article "Set up User Documents"
Add an Activity Type
To add an Activity type:
- Go to Settings (at top right).
- Select the Scheduling option on the General tab.
- Select Activity Types.
- Select Add New to create a new activity type. Or select Edit next to the activity type you want to update.
- Enter the Activity Name to identify the activity type when making reservations.
- Select Active (Yes/No) to make this activity type active (show) or not (hide).
- Select the Layout from the drop down list to define the type of information required to set up and use this activity type.
- Select the Roles Allowed from the drop down list to indicate who will be able to access this activity type.
- Select Save.
Edit an Activity Type
Note that not all of the following types of information are required for all activity types.
To edit an Activity type:
- Go to Settings > Scheduling > Activity Types and select the Activity Type you want to change.
- To change the Basic Information, select Edit next to Basic Information, where you can update the following:
- Activity Name - name that identifies the activity type when making reservations
- Active - make active to show or inactive to hide
- Colors - background and font colors for how reservations with this activity type will appear on the schedule
- Roles Allowed - select the roles who will be able to access this activity type
- Length - enter the minimum, maximum and default length times in minutes for scheduling this activity type
- To show or hide fields that display when this activity type is being scheduled, select Edit next to Show/Hide. When you activate some of the fields, additional options are available and you can choose whether the fields are required or optional.
- To indicate scheduling requirements for this activity type, select Edit next to Scheduling & Dispatch Requirements, where you can determine the documentation or pilot currency requirements that are enforced during scheduling or dispatching for this activity type for the member, the instructor, and/or the scheduling employee. For each tab, select +Add Requirements and check the box(es) for items you want to check when booking or dispatching a reservation. For each item, choose when the information is required from the drop down list.
- To set the billing defaults for this activity type, select Edit next to Billing, where you can update the following:
- Instruction Types - Indicate one or more instruction types that will be available for time entry by instructors when checking in a reservation
- Track Billing Status - turn on to have Flight Schedule Pro display a billing status of Unbilled, Billed or Paid to reservations with this activity type, which allows for easy identification of reservations with each billing status on the Reservations page
- Identify Billing Mismatch - turn on to have Flight Schedule Pro identify whether times billed for a reservation match the flight log for reservations with this activity type
- Auto-Fill Total Flight Time - turn on to have Flight Schedule Pro automatically calculate times based on the meter entered at the end of instruction
- Flight Instruction Type - Allows you to pre-populate the invoice with a specific instruction type for this activity type
- Auto-Fill Pre/Post Time - Automatically adds instructor only time to the invoice
- Ground Instruction Type - If Auto-Fill Pre/Post Time is active, indicate which instruction type to automatically include in the invoice for instructor only pre and post time
- Track Training Status - turn on to have Flight Schedule Pro display whether a training session has been logged for a reservation with this activity type
- Identify Training Mismatch - turn on to have Flight Schedule Pro identify whether a logged training session matches the flight log for reservations with this activity type